Established and emerging sculptors may become Associate Sculptor members by applying to the Sculpture Northwest Board. Sculpture Northwest promotes public sculpture in Island, San Juan, Skagit and Whatcom counties and we are an advocate and resource for our Associate Sculptors. This relationship is mutually beneficial, both working towards promoting quality sculpture for it’s cultural significance and economic opportunity.
Associate Sculptor Benefits
- Associate Sculptor Insurance Program. Through this program Sculpture Northwest will provide property insurance coverage for Associate Sculptors who are placing their art in venues within Island, San Juan, Skagit, and Whatcom Counties. The Associate Sculptor will consign the work to Sculpture Northwest indicating the artist net price, which will establish the insured value and make Sculpture Northwest liable for damages to the item. Sculpture Northwest will then consign the piece to the entity where the work is shown. Access to this insurance program is included in the $35 annual Associate Sculptor fee for residents within the four counties; non-residents pay a $100 annual Associate Sculptor fee.
- Help in placing your sculpture in venues including private and commercial purchases, commissioned work, temporary exhibitions and leasing of sculpture.
- Market your sculpture through our “Own a Sculpture” purchase and lease program. You receive 60% of the purchase price and we receive 40% of the purchase price.
- Promotion of sales on Sculpture Northwest social media.
- Use our Sculpture Resources to connect with other sculptors, galleries, suppliers and other resources.
- Recognition and advertisement of work on display in Whatcom, San Juan, Skagit and Island Counties.
- Opportunity to participate in our annual Associate Sculptor exhibition.
- Access to our network of your fellow Associate Sculptors.
- Opportunity to participate in International Sculpture Day events and activities.
- Reduced rates for advertising in International Sculpture Magazine.
- An avenue for comments and suggestions to the Sculpture Northwest Board of Directors.
- Access and input to our bi-monthly Sculpture Northwest e-newsletter.
- Posting to regional sculpture calendar of events on this website.
- Invitation to Sculpture Northwest events, openings and the annual membership meeting.
Become an Associate Sculptor
Associate Sculptors are selected for their artistic talent and craftsmanship. Email the following to Wade Marlow at email@example.com.
- A current professional and educational resume.
- Your URL if you have a website.
- Digital photos (jpgs) of a minimum of six sculpture projects.
Your submissions will be reviewed by the Sculpture Northwest Board. After this review your application will be voted on by the current Associate Sculptor membership. Upon acceptance there is an annual membership fee of $35.