Become an Associate Sculptor
Established and emerging sculptors may become Associate Sculptor members by applying to Sculpture Northwest. Sculpture Northwest promotes public sculpture in Island, San Juan, Skagit and Whatcom counties and we are an advocate and resource for our Associate Sculptors. This relationship is mutually beneficial, both working towards promoting quality sculpture for it’s cultural significance and economic opportunity.
Associate Sculptor Benefits
- Help in placing your sculpture in venues including private and commercial purchases, commissioned work, temporary exhibitions and leasing of sculpture.
- Market your sculpture through our “Own a Sculpture” purchase and lease program. You will receive 70% of the sale price and Sculpture Northwest will receive 30% of the purchase price.
- Promotion of sculpture sales on Sculpture Northwest social media.
- Use our Sculpture Resources to connect with other sculptors, galleries, suppliers and other resources.
- Recognition and advertisement of your work on exhibit in Whatcom, San Juan, Skagit and Island Counties.
- Opportunity to participate in our annual Associate Sculptor exhibition.
- Access to our network of your fellow Associate Sculptors.
- Opportunity to participate in International Sculpture Day events and activities.
- Reduced rates for advertising in International Sculpture Magazine.
- An avenue for comments and suggestions to the Sculpture Northwest Board of Directors.
- Posting to regional sculpture calendar of events on this website.
- Invitation to Sculpture Northwest events, openings and the annual membership meeting.
Apply to become an Associate Sculptor
Associate Sculptors are selected for their artistic talent and craftsmanship. Email the following to Wade Marlow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Current professional and educational resume.
- Your URL if you have a website.
- Digital photos (jpgs) of a minimum of six sculptures.
Your submission will be reviewed by the Sculpture Northwest Board. After the review your application will be voted on by the current Associate Sculptor membership. Upon acceptance there is an annual membership fee of $35.