Welcome to Sculpture NorthwestVisit Island, San Juan, Skagit, and Whatcom counties to discover the Northwest's best Public Sculpture
Price Sculpture Forest is a new sculpture park that is encouraging Sculpture Northwest members to exhibit their outdoor sculptures year-round for exhibition to the public. The park is located in Coupeville on Whidbey Island, spread across 16 forested acres overlooking Penn Cove. Construction is underway now, with a soft opening for the public around August and a second official opening next year. The park has two loop trails that wander through dense native habitat, interspersed with prime viewing locations for sculptures embedded within the forest to delight and educate visitors.
To encourage the best work from the sculptors, for early participants Sculpture Forest is offering zero commission, insurance paid, no entry fee, and marketing. There are two initial exhibition themes: Nature Nurtured (relating to the natural world, elements, living things, or our relationship to them) and Whimsy Way (fun, interesting, humorous, or unique). More information can be seen about the park at SculptureForest.org plus on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Submit your art for the July 25-August 30 Sculpture Northwest
and Matzke Fine Art Gallery and Sculpture Garden show.
Meet the artists at the opening July 25 from 4 pm to 9 pm.
Associate members of Sculpture Northwest are guaranteed at least one sculpture in the show. If you are not an Associate member please apply. If you are juried in, you will be in both the show and an Associate member of Sculpture Northwest. The annual fee if accepted is $35.
- Sculptures for inside with stand and base should be no larger than 6’h x 4’w.
- Large sculptures for outside are welcome (artists must deliver and install large sculptures for outside placement)
• Submit up to 4 pieces. The Gallery and Sculpture Northwest will jury the work for the show
• Photos are due no later than May 30. Email a 300 dpi photo and contact information to email@example.com and CC: to firstname.lastname@example.org. Artists will be notified on or before June10th. The Gallery commission is 50%.
- Pieces selected must be at the Gallery no later than July 18-19, 11am to 4pm. If shipping use this address: Matzke Fine Art, 2345 Blanche Way, Camano Island, WA 98282. (shipping cost to and from gallery is the responsibility of the artists)
• Pick up of art is August 31, 11am to 5pm.
For more information Email email@example.com or phone 360.387.2759
To view Sculpture Northwest Associate Sculptors’ work click here.